Laptop Screen Help

munchermark 10:53 22 Aug 10

I have a Dell Vostro 1500 its about 2 years old. I turned it on yesterday to find the Dell startup screen or Windows loading screen doesnt show up. The screen stays black until the desktop has loaded up.

Once loaded up some of the screen is black and the rest is the desktop which is very dark, barely visable. I can turn up the brightness using the laptop hotkeys at all. Ive tried a system restore but im thinking its a hardware issue.

Any help would be great guys

EARLR 10:58 22 Aug 10

Sounds like screen back light problem.

Good Luck

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:00 22 Aug 10

Sounds like you have lost a backlight or connection to one.

This is how to repair on a Dell latitude yours will be very similar.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:00 22 Aug 10

missed the link

click here

munchermark 11:06 22 Aug 10

Is the easy to fix? Would it be recommended for me to try this?

jakimo 11:13 22 Aug 10

you don't say what OS is installed?

befor changing any hardware first try the process of elimination by going to control panel and run some of the inbuilt diagnostic programs listed under" Hardware & Sound" and "Appearance & Personalization" as some of your basic setting may have changed,if in doubt,for test purposes select "default settings"

Quiller. 11:15 22 Aug 10

for your machine click here

Look under erm display.

Quiller. 11:16 22 Aug 10

I would connect it up to an external monitor just to be sure it's the inverter or backlight first.

munchermark 11:18 22 Aug 10

I have XP. I have just had a look at them settings and nothing has changed. The screen is really dark with a quarter of it completey black and the screen doesnt stretch over to it, ive tried changing to resolution but again nothing changed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…