Laptop screen goes weird

superhoops 18:09 15 Oct 08

Hi, For a few months now my laptop screen has been playing up - please see the screenshots for an idea what I mean. I have reinstalled to "factory fresh", have updated the graphics drivers- don't know what else to do except buy a new laptop. It is an Acer Aspire with Vista.
Thanks

click here#

superhoops 18:10 15 Oct 08

Sorry, meant to say, it does it randomly, will be like this for a couple of days then for a couple of days will be ok.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:25 15 Oct 08

I think you need to check the connections on the ribbon cable from motherboard to screen.

click here

Belatucadrus 18:31 15 Oct 08

Looks like one of those hardware problems it's going to be pretty near impossible to diagnose via forum. The fact that it's intermittent may indicate it's something to do with the connection to the screen that may be affected as the lid's opened and closed.
If so it may be fixable, but at what cost ? Depending on its age, you'll need to decide if it's worth investing time and cash in what may end up being an unfixable problem or buying a replacement.
A personal judgment call I think.

superhoops 19:13 15 Oct 08

Fruit Bat /\0/\. Hi. I will try to open up the laptop at the weekend, nothing to lose I guess if it all goes wrong. Thanks for the suggestion

Belatucadrus The laptop is about a year and a half old, cost about £500 then, so worth hardly anything now, so probably not worth paying anyone to look at it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac