Laptop Screen goes blank

Bestselling Author 19:49 01 Apr 04

I've got an Acer Travelmate 505 series which suffers from an intermittant fault. Sometimes the screen goes blank. If I press the Fn key and F5 (which is the toggle button between the screen and another display device such as an LCD Projector) the screen goes more dark, and then if I press both keys again, the screen displays correctly again. Sometimes it happens up to three times a session but usually within the first ten minutes. After that it is fine. Any ideas?

Graham ® 20:02 01 Apr 04

How old is it? Could be the backlight tube is on the verge of failure. A picture of one click here

TomJerry 20:16 01 Apr 04

Are you sure it is not power saving?

Bestselling Author 20:50 01 Apr 04

The machine is about four years old to answer Grahams question, and to answer TomJerry's question I have checked the powersaving feature and I don't think it's that because I've set that to activate after 30 minutes of non use, and this all happens within the first ten minutes.

Graham ® 21:49 01 Apr 04

Four years would be pushing it. Put 'Laptop backlight repair' in google. I found this one click here, but search around for the best deal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced