Laptop screen blank

Zebrapec 14:57 12 Nov 06

Hi, does anyone know why a laptop screen goes blank and keeps blank? Sony sattelite.

anskyber 14:58 12 Nov 06

power saving settings?

Zebrapec 15:05 12 Nov 06

do not know, anskyber, thanks, but if they where power saving settings, how can i alter them if i cannot see anything on the screen.

anskyber 15:07 12 Nov 06

I assume you can see the sceen at some times. If you can look at right click desktop, properties,screensaver, power and you can see the settings there.

Koochy 15:10 12 Nov 06

I had this problem a little while ago with my old laptop and it turned out to be the little button that shuts off the screen when the lid was shut was clogged with dust and was stuck down.
Don't know if this is your problem but it may be worth looking at.

Koochy

Zebrapec 15:13 12 Nov 06

Anskyber, sorry, but no, the screen is blank all the time.

Zebrapec 15:14 12 Nov 06

Koochy, thanks, will try that, at the moment it is in bits all over the table

SANTOS7 15:20 12 Nov 06

If it is not what Koochy suggests and your laptop starts up normally it may be the lightbar behind the screen that has blown or the inverter is broken

Zebrapec 15:22 12 Nov 06

Ok, just realised that there is no HD activity when switching on, so of course there would be no screen activity.
So the question now is does anyone know why the HD does not start? please

Zebrapec 15:32 12 Nov 06

When I remove the HD the screen comes on, remove the HD and there is no screen. Is this HD disaster?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:57 12 Nov 06

Refit HDD reboot keep tapping F8 as it boots nd see if you can get into safe mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…