Laptop to Samsung LCD TV - Which Audio cable?

AngeTheHippy 18:21 08 Apr 06

Hi Chaps,
I wanna connect my laptop to a Samsung 32" LCD TV. I've ascertained that the Cable/connectors I need is: a VGA cable - D-plugs both ends, male 15 pin. I also need an audio cable, I know that the audio-out on the laptop is a 3.5mm jack, but can't find anywhere in the instructions booklet for the TV what size jack for the other end of the cable into the TV! It most certainly isn't 3.5mm, that's for sure. Pease can someone help with this one? I've ordered the VGA cable already, due early next week, but will need that audio cable too.

AngeTheHippy
xx

AngeTheHippy 09:55 09 Apr 06

it's a 32" LE32R41BD...

johnnyrocker 10:17 09 Apr 06

what input options does the tv have?

johnny.

Stuartli 13:38 09 Apr 06

The spec can be found here:

click here

It appears you can use either RCA or mini-jack leads for audio.

AngeTheHippy 15:14 09 Apr 06

almost there! Hi johnnyrocker.Yeah stuartli, they are BOTH 3.5mm jacks. Right. Connected both to laptop & TV. It's a SVGA male/male connector (thats OK) and single audio (3.5/3.5 jacks OK too). Went into control panel/display/settings, then chose S3 Display (multi monitor). There are 3 monitors in this box - the default, which is of course the laptop LCD, CRT, and TV. Now, Laptop LCD is highlighted already, and I could choose the CRT tick-box, but the TV choice is un-choosable! I don't know what to do from here. The funny thing is, when I first chose 'PC' on the TV menu, I had the desktop on the TV screen! Then it disappeared!!
Any ideas please?
And ..... why do these things ALWAYS happen on a SUNDAY??????????

AngeTheHippy
xx

AngeTheHippy 08:16 14 Apr 06

Spoke to Evesham, they confirmed the setup I've got is fine - no damage to either Laptop of TV. Alls working fine.

Thanks chaps,

AngeTheHippy
xx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…