Laptop to router lan

JEFoord 20:56 24 Apr 07

Hi

I am trying to set up a network from a laptop lan port to a spare port on my wireless router (which i have wired by lan from pc, and the laptop is connected to internet via built in wireless adaptor) so that i can share files and printers.

I basically want to be able to print from laptop without having to swap usb from my desktop to laptop usb ports and to be able to see files from desktop on my laptop and vice versa.

All the tutorials on the net seem to include internet connection, which i dont need because i already have that connection wirelessly.

Can anyone suggest a tutorial they know of that can help me because i am reallt lost at the minute.

Many thanks

John

Dipso 21:45 24 Apr 07

You don't need to connect to the router by wire as well to do this as you should be able to do what you want over the wireless connection.

It should just be a case of running the Network connection wizard on both the PC and the laptop and maybe running the printers install CD on the laptop if Windows can't supply the drivers itself.

The main PC would have to be on for you to use the printer via the laptop.

JEFoord 21:48 24 Apr 07

Oh right didn't realise that!

Thanks.

I'll Give that a go then.

Cheers

John

Strawballs 22:21 24 Apr 07

I print from my Laptop wirelessly, you have to set the printer for shareing on the desktop then go to the printers on the laptop and add printer > network printer > browse for the printer on the network and click on it.

JEFoord 22:23 24 Apr 07

All sorter now guys, thanks for your help.

Cheers

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced