Laptop restore help needed

Bike-it 19:58 14 Feb 10

I need to take my Dell studio laptop which is running Vista back to the way it was whenever it left the factory, so if i follow the instructions in step 3 in the link below does this totally wipe my hard drive and let me install a new operating system, meaning i will have only one operating system on my laptop.

click here

rawprawn 20:15 14 Feb 10

Step 3 will restore your machine to a state it was in including installed software when it left the factory.
If you want to install a complete new operating system, if you put in the disk EG Windows 7 and do a complete install (Not upgrade) it will remove all the old OS and software,and you will have a complete new OS.

mgmcc 20:18 14 Feb 10

That procedure will return the hard drive to the state it was when you got the PC. It *WON'T* install a second copy of Windows alongside your current version.

All your existing data will be lost, so you should backup in separate media any files you need to keep.

Bike-it 20:22 14 Feb 10

I want to take it back to a factory state, will all the drivers be ok if i go ahead with this option, i have backed up all my data like photos, music etc.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:07 14 Feb 10

"will all the drivers be ok if i go ahead with this option, i have backed up all my data like photos, music etc."

Yes drivers are included in the restore image.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…