laptop restoration ? big problem

a member 09:18 11 Nov 06

I have been asked by a friend to sort her laptop , it would not respond , found over 200 spyware problems and gawd knows how many viruses ,the problem is I could not back up any of the files as the mouse would not work along with only basic explorer functions ,and neither usb or the cd drive were working , i decided to do a restore ,
it restored ok all functions working again , but all the user files including important school projects are now in a folder named (old file structure) and i cannot access them , windows explorer wont allow access , i think it is something to do with user protection , it says access denied and something about cannot read disc.
I can access and clearly see all of the contents with a program called explorer xp2 but still cannot get at them .
I am getting pretty desperate now ,any help would be great .
the only folders i cannot get into are the users individual folders ,5 users in all.

VoG II 09:20 11 Nov 06
  Graham. 09:21 11 Nov 06

Could this be User Administration permissions, I wonder? Try setting up a second Admin. account.

a member 09:58 11 Nov 06

thanks all...... VoG your link was the answer , had my heart in my mouth for a few minutes but it worked perfectly , i will print that out for future use , (hopefully never).

thanks again for to all for your help and advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced