Laptop Replacement Offer

morddwyd 20:42 PM 16 Aug 12

You may recall my recent request for advice on a laptop replacement for an Acer Aspire 4738.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4141678/updated-laptop-request/

My insurance company has, at last, offered to settle with an Acer Iconia Dual Screen Tablet Core i5 2.66GHz 4GB 640GB 14.1 inch HD LED backlit Touchscreen, with no betterment cost.

Although a slightly smaller screen, this is, on the face of it, a very good offer, but would be grateful for some opinions, particularly from anybody with hands on experience of this model.

I can't seem to locate a decent independent review anywhere.

morddwyd 20:16 PM 17 Aug 12

^

Nontek 20:35 PM 17 Aug 12

Hmm, afraid I have no hands-on experience, but the specs look pretty good!

I have a new i5 from Novatech, but it is not dual screen. I do like the i5 CPU.

northumbria61 21:03 PM 17 Aug 12

If this is what you are being offered I would grab it with both hands - enter link description here

and see what Amazon are charging - enter link description here

morddwyd 08:16 AM 18 Aug 12

Thanks.

I did find one review (US) which commented on the battery life of two hours, lack of SSD card slots and no optical drive, none of which are likely to prove a real problem for me.

I have a spare slimline drive which I can put in a caddy, and at least four USB card readers.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 review: Why the new Start menu, Edge browser, new apps and Cortana make Windows 10 the…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Help Dan Rubin curate galleries of Adobe Stock images – and you could win a year's Creative Cloud

iPhone 6c release date rumours and images | Expect iPhone 6c to be Apple Pay ready