laptop recommendations please

tommy vercetti 14:30 21 Nov 06

Can anyone recommend a budget laptop for home internet use? - dont need it for games just for internet use word,excel and powerpoint?

Can i get something for under £500?

Go to pricerunner.co.uk and search many laptops for undert that price.

wjrt 15:47 21 Nov 06

click here

go down and remove the half price software
go to checkout and use the promotional code price10
and get £50 off

tommy vercetti 17:15 21 Nov 06

cheers wjrt - looks decent enough - would it be able to work ok with Broadband downloading streaming video etc?

Megatyte 17:39 21 Nov 06

Try this one from Ebuyer.

click here

I've just bought 3 of them for family. Very fast once the memory is upgraded(only comes with 256!!)

AH

wjrt 17:41 21 Nov 06

should do. watched the world cup final on wifi b/band on a similar spec laptop

GEEKSTA 19:16 21 Nov 06

Refering to the link wjrt gave, the laptop has got wireless internet, and should be ok with wireless broadband or just broadband using a wire and be ok for downloading.

GEEKSTA 19:16 21 Nov 06

Refering to the link wjrt gave, the laptop has got wireless internet, and should be ok with wireless broadband or just broadband using a wire and be ok for downloading.

GEEKSTA 19:18 21 Nov 06

(( tommy vercetti, got abit of a addiction to vice city ? So have I, its a amazing game!! Sorry if im of the subject but...))

GEEKSTA 20:42 21 Nov 06

Im so sorry if my posts are getting annyoying.
Im sorry I posted twice, I must of clicked it twice or something.

Totally-braindead 20:47 21 Nov 06

A reall fast computer is not required for broadband so really anything you buy now will do you fine. Same goes for Word, Excell etc.
Look for one with as much memory as you can get 1 meg preferably and a reasonable hard drive size.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009