Laptop Recommendations - £450?

Gaz W 02:03 25 Feb 07

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone could recommend a decent laptop for up to £450? I've found a few at PC World of all places - these days they seem to be similar prices to everywhere else for laptops, plus I can get 10% staff discount (£500 = £450). Minimum requirements are 15.4" screen minimum, preferably dual core, or at least 64 bit CPU and 1GB RAM. Hard disk isn't important but a branded one is preferable (Acer, Toshiba, Sony, HP/Compaq).

Windows XP is preferable at the moment to Vista, so that more or less rules PC World out. A free Vista express upgrade would be handy though!

Anyone have some decent suggestions?

Cheers,

Gaz

moorie- 04:13 25 Feb 07

click here
reputable firm,good service
£502+delivery with xp pre installed
dual core
1gb ram
15"screen

Gaz W 05:34 30 Mar 07

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - sorry I've taken over a month to reply to it myself but I lost my PC Advisor password and have been really busy.

Cheers anyway,

Gary

Jimmy14 07:52 30 Mar 07

If you still want xp then it will be harder to get it preinstalled on a laptop and even harder to get vista as a free upgrade as that scheme finished at the start of March.

Technotiger 08:29 30 Mar 07

Hi, I second moorie- Novatech are a quality firm, with prices not easy to beat.

click here

Technotiger 08:33 30 Mar 07

How many firms have this system ... look for a Green signal ...

click here

Gaz W 01:16 20 Apr 07

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your replies. I should have ticked it as Resolved ages ago, but I've been very busy. Certainly gave me a lot to think about though!

Cheers

Gaz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5