laptop recommendation for running autocad 2007

peav007 21:19 22 Sep 06

i would like some advise on a cheapesh laptop to work with autocad 2007 3d mainly

i have never used autocad but some friend of mine wish to purchase a laptop as a chrishmas present for there son who is doing a course at the local college

tia john

Belatucadrus 22:25 22 Sep 06

click here for the System requirements, looks like it needs a LOT of RAM if they're going to use the "new conceptual design capabilities".

peav007 10:08 23 Sep 06

i know it needs alot of ram but i was wondering more on the graphics and processing power.

ie
pentium iv
amd turion 64
or dual core

tia john

Belatucadrus 10:36 23 Sep 06

click here for the Autocad certified graphics hardware list which includes info on the supported range of ATI mobile chips supported. As to the CPU, 2D work is probably not that intensive as all they specify is something of PIV type, if however the new design features are going to be required then the spec leaps to 3.0GHz or greater. This really starts to be a problem as while there are good cheap laptops available, when you start looking for something 3GHz+ with 2Gb RAM and a suitable graphics chip "cheapish" it isn't going to be.
I think a word with the college tutor is in order as they've probably got a good hands on idea as to what specification will be suitable for the work entailed in the course.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…