laptop really slow at starting up

MizMuir 23:04 08 Jan 10

hi my laptops really slow at starting up and when it does i get a blank blue screen for a few mins first then my desktop finally appears any clues wot this could be or any website that could find out my problem ive tryed the hard reset taking battery out and holding power button for 20 secs still the same

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 00:05 09 Jan 10

BOOT MENU Default Settings

If you are using XP or Vista, you have a this. You can access the boot menu by loading your MSCONFIG. During the boot up your computer issues a time out to find new hardware and software. You can short this time to boost your startup speed.

1. Open your Start menu.
2. Click Run
3. In the command screen type msconfig
4. In the system configuration utility,click either BOOT tab.
5.In the boot menu, change the default setting for Time Out from 30 to 5 seconds.
6. in the StTARTUP tab untick all programs except Antivirus Firewall And Antispyware.

Disable the Indexing Service for faster booting-- The indexing service scans your hard drive and indexes files to help speed up searching. It runs silently in the background using up RAM, free space and CPU access time. It is generally thought to be unnecessary by most.
How to disable this indexing service
1. Click on Start
2. Click Run
3. Type services.msc
4. Select Indexing Service and Double click on it.
Select Manual under Startup Type.
5. Click Stop
6. Click OK

mark3986 00:49 09 Jan 10

i carnt find indexing service

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…