Laptop queries.

D-Fakt 02:35 09 Apr 03

First of all i should state that my knowledge and experience with the pc is VERY limited, so if my questions are foolish u know why. I'm looking to buy a laptop in order to use cubase style programs and also for internet access.(also a dvd and cd drive would be a bonus).However before I dive into these murky waters I have a few questions:
Has anyone got any advice on which laptop to buy (or not to buy!)?
What kind of spec. should I be looking for?(bearing in mind I am a computing moron)
Should I buy any hardware add-ons?
I am thinking about buying from an auction website.Is this a good idea?(unfortunately store prices r out my price range). Any advice would be much appreciated.
Peace.V

Lozzy 03:27 09 Apr 03

Firstly my advice would be NOT to buy from an auction site due to warranty unless your buying second hand. (not recommended)

You haven't stated what your budget is. As that will depend on the advice given. If your budget is per say 1000 then you have plenty to choose from. My advice is this: There is no such thing as a bad computer or laptop. What gives them a bad name is the after sales service, and the help desk..

So here are a couple of questions::

1. What is your budget?

2. Apart from what you have said above what exactly will you be using the laptop for?? i.e. Digital photography?? MP3 music?? Video?? get the idea

3. Will you be going Broadband?? or using the laptop on a home network i.e. linking the laptop to a PC at home??

Think very carefully of its potential use as then people can suggest video/graphics card,, sound card,, Memory,, hard drive capacity etc..

D-Fakt 04:32 09 Apr 03

Cheers Lozzy I will do a bit more research and repost.

Looking to buy a laptop?, cant do any better than the one on sale at toys-r-us, its a £1,000, the spec is, pentium4 2.6 ghz
512mb ram
40 gig hdd
DVD CDRW combo drive
nvidia 64mb graphics
15 inch TFT screen
WIN XP
POWER DVD
And more microsoft software
its a great laptop for the money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…