//some 3rd party need geo

Laptop to projector connection

Ghloria 23:21 17 Apr 03

My son wants to connect his Advent 6521 to a projector but it doesnt support it so how can he do it.

Glow

Forum Editor 00:05 18 Apr 03

doesn't support the projector, what do you mean exactly?

The projector plugs into the monitor connector on the back of the laptop. The other end of the cable must be plugged into the "RGB IN" connector on the back of the projector.

Ghloria 00:30 18 Apr 03

He's not here at the moment, but he said that he couldnt link the projector to his laptop and that he needed a new video card. I take it that he has a monitor connector on his laptop. I'll phone him tomorrow and find his response to what you have said.

Thank you

Gloria

Ghloria 14:33 18 Apr 03

Son says that pluging into the monitor socket didnt do it and that the laptops video card does not support the projector.

Glow

Patr100 16:48 18 Apr 03

I very much doublt if he needs a new video card for his laptop to run a data projector- even supposing one were available.
Did the projector come with a disk - if so has he loaded this? Though even if it's not installed it should still work assuming he's running Win 95 or higher. If the projector isn't automatically detected on bootup as new hardware (provided it's connected) wait til Windows has loaded. Then told down the Fn key (lower left) on the laptop keyboard and press a Function key (above the numbers) It may be F8 or possibly F5 - it will be the F key that either has a icon with two small screens or say LCD/CRT .

Hold down Fn
At the same time press F8 or F5
Wait a second or two
Press F8 or F5 again
Wait a second

Pressing this F8 key (while holding down the Fn key) should "toggle" between showing the laptop display only, then the projector only - or both. Though not necessarily in that order,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…