Laptop problems

ronlin 08:00 17 Apr 09

Just switched on my laptop and ive got vertical coloured lines top to bottom of the screen the middle line is a wide white band , does this mean my laptops done for ?

howard64 08:38 17 Apr 09

could just be a bad startup try rebooting. If no joy see if you have set it to run from an external monitor. Try plugging in an external monitor and press the keys to use it. If all ok it could be the plug connecting the screen to the mobo has become dislodged.

Graphicool1 08:46 17 Apr 09

The monitor may be on the way out or there is a connection problem. Perhaps an internal plug has come loose. My suggestion is - unless you want to delve inside - take it to a PC repair person and have them check it out.

If it's still in warranty however, your laughing?

birdface 09:35 17 Apr 09

Possible graphic card problem.Maybe new driver required.

ronlin 21:26 17 Apr 09

I connected the laptop to another monitor and everythings ok so its got to be a connection as graphicool1 and howard 64 says says so im going to have a look inside and wangle a few bits and pieces around.Watch this space .

ronlin 21:31 17 Apr 09

By the way its a Packard Bell easynote 4 years old.

howard64 11:56 18 Apr 09

with that age unit it is probably not worth spending any money on. Careful as you open it up and note which screws go where, they are often different lengths and threads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…