Laptop Problems.

Acer-1 20:05 26 Jul 07

Brought a laptop recently and decided to upgrade the ram due to vista running slowly as i posted about not long ago.

However it was all working good for a while after i installed the ram all last night it was running nice and fast but today i came home from work to find my laptop would'nt boot and then displayed a windows error message saying something along the lines of you should start windows in a safe and repair mode because theres a problem, But then that froze.

So i removed the ram and now it runs after apparently repairing my laptop and putting it back to a point before it was damaged. So after reinstalling lots of windows updates again and a few restarts to make sure its working it seems my laptop is back to its original state.

So what do i do now ? Try and reinstall the ram or send it back ?, or do i send the laptop back ?.

Both the Laptop and Ram were brought from Ebuyer.com and the laptop is a Acer 5050 on their site for £299.99 and the memory is Crucial 1GB DDR2 667MHZ Sodimm 5300 on their site for £30.

did you do the crucial scan from their website?
I would return the ram personally
click here

Taff™ 06:41 27 Jul 07

click here and try the free memtest program. It may indicate a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…