laptop problem hard drive i think

dazzling (work) 11:10 26 Mar 06

trying to sort a problem with friends laptop.it starts to boot into windows xp home splash screen then for a split second a blue screen of death and then reboots.cant boot to safe mode does the same.recovery console cant run chkdsk says cant find exe.max blast produces a fatal error partition magic reports critical error crc45.is the hard drive on way out? if so need to recover work thats not backed up (i know) from it anyone know how i can do this.thanks darren

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:09 26 Mar 06

Get a laptop drive adaptor cable like click here

and couple it as slave to a desktop machine to see if you can read the drive.

woodchip 15:28 26 Mar 06

max blast is the clue, the Maxtore Drive as been setup with "max blast" overlay Software. I sounds like the Partition Info is corrupt you may be able to correct this by downloading the program click here

I have not used it. As I do not like Disc Overlay software, only if there is no alterative to running a bigger disc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…