Laptop problem ?

Bike-it 17:16 01 Oct 05

My son is using a new packard bell laptop which has slowed down to the extent that it takes approx 10 minutes to open any programmes,so i tried to restore it to a previous state when it was running ok but it has not helped, it was using norton av, but it was a sixty day trial version which expired a few weeks past, it think it has been infected with a virus or maybe spyware, he has very little files on the laptop so i was thinking of running the recovery disc to restore it to the factory state, will the disc have everything the laptop needs eg the OS and all the drivers that the laptop need to operate properly. If it has a virus were does the virus go after i run the recovery disc.

Chegs ® 17:20 01 Oct 05

Usually,recovery discs wipe everything prior to reinstalling.They also have all the drivers for the hardware included,when you do reinstall,dump Nav,and get AVG(Free Edition)Its 2x better than anything from the Norton stables(IMHO)

Bike-it 14:49 02 Oct 05

Hi Chegs i have three discs but none of them will open when i install them, i think it might be best if i return it to Currys and let their "experts" fix it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…