laptop prob

sinbad1 17:58 28 Apr 04

hi I have a problem with my laptop It stops on the boot up and says" sec master drive incompatible press f1 to resume." it then carrys on booting up and takes aprrox 5 mins to load onto windows anybody any ideas what may be the cause of this.
regards Roy

TomJerry 17:59 28 Apr 04

do you have an external HDD?

sinbad1 18:01 28 Apr 04

no it has an internal hdd

TomJerry 18:08 28 Apr 04

Did you tweak bios setting? I assume that you have CD/DVD driver with your laptop which is refered to as sec master. Maybe you need to get into bios and ask it to auto select driver. Check out your manual.

sinbad1 18:15 28 Apr 04

Nothings been touched in the bios ; but you have shed light on the problem as I didn't realise that it was refering to the DVD drive. I assumed it was the hard drive, when it's finished booting it keeps telling me it's found new hardware. So obviously there is a problem with the DVD drive..

TomJerry 18:17 28 Apr 04

~

sinbad1 18:21 28 Apr 04

thanks for your info I am pretty much a novice where computers are concerned not sure where or what to do in the bios?
But thanks for your info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…