Laptop & printing

Daiol 18:55 08 Jun 08

Hi,Maybe a few of you will rememeber me about 2weeks ago with a prob with an Asus laptop well its all sorted now working fine.just another question my main pc is upstairs connected to a belkin router via a ethernet wire and the asus laptop is downstairs working from the belkin via wireless.Now is it possible to use the printer that is connected to my main pc from my asus which is downstairs what do i have to do,to get the printer to recognise my laptop.printer is a hp1010 laser desktop printer.Is this possible please??.Thanks.

brundle 18:59 08 Jun 08

You can network the machines to provide printing but you're out of luck if the laptop is running Vista as there's no Vista driver for the HP1010.

click here

Daiol 19:29 08 Jun 08

Thanks for reply both pc are windows xp pro.

woodchip 19:47 08 Jun 08

AS above you have to Network them. A Easy job if you turn on both computers and any printers, then on a XP computer go tpo Control Panel and Run he Network Wizard and create a disc when it prompts you, load this disc in other computer after wizard completes, then double click the one file on the disc this will complete the Network

Daiol 20:25 08 Jun 08

woodchip.Thanks for that it was pritty simple to set up.Just one other thing how do revert back if i wish to do so'what i mean to cancel the networking setup' Thanks very much.

woodchip 21:32 08 Jun 08

I Think you do it in Networking in my Computer. PS if you want to share files you need to press Win+E keys for Windows Explorer Right click what you want to share on both computers. You can only do one computer at a time. to get to the files go to bottom left not right in Windows Explorer

My Network Places look for Mshome

Daiol 08:11 09 Jun 08

Thanks all but after seting up this file sharing system everytime i switch on my pc's they tell me that i have no internet connection and a box pops up either to work offline or try again.any help please please.Thanks.

woodchip 12:11 09 Jun 08

Go to Start\Programs\Accessories\Tools\System restore restore back to when it worked look for a date in bold. You can then retry what you did before

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant