Laptop power supply busted

woodbexhill 21:08 03 Mar 04

I have a Toshiba Satelitte 1800 and it seems that the plug on the back of it to which I plug in my power cable is not working.

I have a few questions, so any answers greatly appreciated.

Are there any sites available with information on "getting inside" these laptops? I'd like to see if the connection was loose and I could just reconnect it.

How much would it cost for Toshiba to fix the power supply?

Are there any other power options available, ie. a method of charging a battery - putting it in the laptop, and then charging it back up, and putting it back in (externally charging the battery because the inbuilt method of the laptop of course doesn't work).

If anyone has any other information it'll be appreciated, thanks.

expertec 21:15 03 Mar 04

Find out about your loacal Service Provider click here see if they can help

woodbexhill 21:38 03 Mar 04

I've jus got inside it, and my power tracer shows power going through the laptop ONLY when it is plugged in YET, the laptop shows the status that it is not plugged in at all. Im going to leave it now and see if it turns off after the amount of battery time runs out.

woodbexhill 21:51 03 Mar 04

I think I may have fixed the problem so I'll leave it as resolved, I'll post back if any more problems arise.

I would explain how I fixed it but im not sure myself :D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…