Laptop Power On - Screen Stays Black - Fan Goes Off 5 Seconds

andantesash 16:46 PM 27 Jan 13

Im having some problem with my Packard Bell EasyNote TJ61 - I powered it on and the fans whirred like normal and the lights on the keyboard came on like normal - the button lit up. But the screen stayed black. Then the fans went silent after 5 seconds and it sounded like it was switched off but all the lights were still on - the power, hard drive and keyboard ones. I noticed if I run my finger over the touch pad buttons for volume etc they light up so im not sure whats wrong.

I replaced the screen on the laptop the other day and it was working fine until last night and this has happened. Any suggestions?

I've tried replacing ram / replacing hard drive / pulling the cmos for 30mins / unplugging and trying the 30 seconds power button trick but nothing.

Any suggestions?

andantesash 17:08 PM 27 Jan 13

I've tried the external monitor - nothing happens

I done the battery and power cord remove and pressing power on - doesnt make any different

I can't get it into safe mode because nothing comes on the screen the minute I turn it on

rdave13 18:14 PM 27 Jan 13

It sounds like a bad connection since you changed the screen. Possibly it was fine until you closed and opened the lid.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:49 PM 27 Jan 13

I would forget the screen problems if its not working on an external monitor

(you did remember to press the appropriate button to get it switched to external?

mains only no battery attached - no hdd or DVD will it boot to BIOS or error message?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know