LAPTOP POWER PROBLEM

pendula 20:11 16 Jul 06

I have got a Compaq Pesario 2100 and the AC power plug on the back on my laptop is giving me problems. At first I thought it was my power cable and I ordered a new one. However it is the pin in the actual laptop (sorry I don't know what they are called. How do I go about getting a replacement or is there a way to fix it. Thanks

Strawballs 20:15 16 Jul 06

I had the same problem with my HP/Compaq laptop but I was lucky it was still under warranty, they said that they had to replace the motherboard because it is a part of that

sean-278262 20:23 16 Jul 06

Replacement would be hard but try calling compaq and asking what they can do, they will charge you an arm and a leg but they most likely will be able to sort it.

Before you do make sure to back up your Data borrow someones laptop if you have to and swap the hard drives.

Also one thing you may be able to try is straightening the pin out if that is the problem. I did this on a friends mobile when their cousin though it would be a fun thing to play with.

pendula 20:33 16 Jul 06

What did you use to straigten the pin. I can still charge my laptop but it keeps jumping between AC power and battery which is irritating.

MadNige 23:24 16 Jul 06

I've had this sort of thing twice now - one HP, one Compaq. On mine, the repeated stress on the connector from plugging/ unplugging/ catching the cable caused the solder joint to fracture where it connected the connector to the main PCB. On the HP (with a dead battery) in got so annoying that I fixed it - strip the machine down completely (NOT for the faint hearted) to get the motherboard out, resolder the joint, reassemble and pray! The Compaq isn't too bad yet, that's still surviving with a big rubber band round the case and cable to hold the connection, but the time will come...

Best of luck

--Nigel

Strawballs 00:02 17 Jul 06

This is a bit of a worry it seems to be common in HP/Compaq laptops mine has had to be repaired twice in 14 months, I'm just glad I got it through the home computer iniciative (HCI) and have a 3 year warranty

pendula 09:29 17 Jul 06

I won't buy a laptop again with one of these AC power pins, I think Im going to sell why I sill can.

Strawballs 22:06 17 Jul 06

I take it that some of the others have a different type of connection then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…