Laptop for Photoshop

Declanworld 18:55 01 Nov 07

A colleague's student son needs a laptop. His only requirement, in terms of power, is to be able to run Photoshop without too much creaking and groaning.

Technotiger 19:12 01 Nov 07

Assuming we are talking about a new Laptop - any laptop in the £400 plus bracket will be able to handle Photoshop.

Though having said that, if most of his use of the laptop is going to be Graphics orientated, perhaps he should think about Apple Mac.

Technotiger 19:14 01 Nov 07

PS - as an example, this is what my son does with his Apple Mac ... click here

Technotiger 19:52 01 Nov 07

Hmm, sorry, I should have added - my son uses Photoshop!

Declanworld 21:29 01 Nov 07

Thanks for your help, Technotiger. Your son's work is impressive.

Check out mine: click here

Border View 22:44 01 Nov 07

I have an Acer Aspire 1640Z which runs Adobe Photoshop without any problems.

Technotiger 22:55 01 Nov 07

Yes, checked it out, well impressed. 'Tis a small World - I was born in Belfast, a long long time ago :-)

And as you can see from Barmoor, Photoshop runs fine on a laptop.

Declanworld 23:30 01 Nov 07

What graphics hardware do you have on board your laptops?

Technotiger 07:55 02 Nov 07

I guess you are talking to Barmoor re laptops. I am not running any laptops.

Just a tip - if you want to address a particular contributor in the Thread, just put their 'name' in the Title, just as I have done with yours now.

Declanworld 09:03 02 Nov 07

Cheers, comrade!

Border View 10:04 02 Nov 07

Declanworld

Not certain about what graffics. Have been into System Information and under Display it says Mobile Intel (R)915GM?GMS910 GML

All foreign language to me. My laptop is a year old and quite a way behind the Acers on the market today. Having said that I am more than happy with it.

If I've given duff information regarding graffics - if someone can tell me where to look I shall.

PS I got a Total Training Package for Adobe Photoshop 7 and it is outstanding. Working my way through the discs. Learn something new everyday.

Barmoor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant