Laptop - Pay as you go internet connection

badgermansix 18:52 02 Sep 07

Is anyone using a Laptop with Pay as you Go internet connection?
I now find that I will be using my laptop away from home, at very irregular periods.
I don't want a monthly package, I won't be using it often enough to warrant the cost.
Nor will I be able to rely on anyone's facility.

Thanks.

brundle 18:54 02 Sep 07

uk2, if you mean dialup; click here

badgermansix 20:08 02 Sep 07

sorry brundle, I did not put that very well I think.
I want to buy a data card in the first instance, plug it into my laptop, connect to the internet, in my car if required, and only pay for the time that I use, just like a pay as you go phone.

Robotic_Rob 21:16 02 Sep 07

My girlfriends grandma is using one of these. She only gets a good signal in town. Down side is that she lives in the countryside and she can only use it in 1 room of her house and she can only use it in a certain location in that room.
Shes with T mobile. Ive only seen it work once and it appeared to be pretty quick when loading webpages. Alot quicker than what i was expecting. The card plugs in like a network card.

mick7 21:20 02 Sep 07

You may be interested in this Pocketsurfer, not realy a laptop but OK for E mail and browsing, free connection. link here.click here

woodchip 21:38 02 Sep 07

You mean a PCMCIA 3G card. Very Expensive to run and slow click here

click here

Cost as at the Web page date click here

badgermansix 07:39 03 Sep 07

Thank you all, these will give me something to think about.

badgermansix 17:26 09 Sep 07

I thought that I should come back with a result.
I have bought a Sierra Wireless AirCard 850, from Orange, I am to be billed monthly for usage which is exacty what I want.

thanks all.

woodchip 18:14 09 Sep 07

What kind of cost, if you don't mind me asking. As I have a Laptop and take it away with me in Caravan when I go

woodchip 18:19 09 Sep 07

OK this is the Price, click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple