Laptop Password

Switcher 23:05 30 Jul 05

I bought a new Medion notebook last week and put a boot password on it.

Like a stupid wassock I have forgotten the password and can not now get it to boot up.

I know this sounds a bit iffy but I am going into hospital in two weeks for about 10 days and bought this notebook to keep me in touch whilst in.

Any suggestions please. Apart from buying a new one or getting the surgeon to put some brains into my head

Completealias 23:11 30 Jul 05

You'll need to clear the BIOS as this is where the password will be stored removing the BIOS battery for about an 1hr should do it and then boot without the BIOS battery in if you've got no password then put the BIOS battery back in. This will set the BIOS back to default.

Have a look in the manual for the location of the BIOS battery, if it doesn't say post the model number and i'll have a look.

VoG II 23:12 30 Jul 05
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:38 30 Jul 05
  Switcher 00:23 31 Jul 05

Thanks to all I have had a good look at the suggested sites but being a laptop this seems a bit tricky.

The model number completealias is medion mim2080 cant see any indtruictions in book about cmos battery but looks like a case of out with the scew drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…