Laptop or Cash?

funkey_monkey 00:08 30 Nov 10

Hi,

A relative has had a laptop stolen and the insurance company has given the choice of £314 cash or a IBM G550 2958 laptop as replacement (Sorry that's all the spec details I know).

So... whats the best option. Should we opt of the replacement laptop or can I get something better for the cash?

Thanks in advance.

Ex plorer 15:44 30 Nov 10

I would take the money and shop around for the best spec I could get for the money or add a few quid to get what I wanted.

The insurance company may deal with a brand or shop.
You can choose your own color size etc and may get a good software bargain.

Not all IBM G550 2958 have the same spec as one may have more or larger Hard-drive this is why you see them at different prices.

Ex plorer 15:46 30 Nov 10

Should read
Not all IBM G550 2958 have the same spec as one may have more RAM or larger Hard-drive this is why you see them at different prices.

letsgetrdy 17:23 30 Nov 10

Insurance companies tend to spend as little as they can. I'm not stating that (its too obvious to be stated). I'm just passionate about how stingey they are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…