Laptop not working for unknown reason.

Finley.APK 00:18 12 Apr 15

I have an old windows 7 toshiba laptop with a broken screen that is plugged into my monitor through vga and audio with 2 usb receivers plugged in, also it has no battery so it is always plugged in. it was working fine with only a few programs installed like war thunder, chrome and microsoft visual studio. It was working fine apart from one time i had to wipe the laptop and factory reset it to get it working but that was a while ago. I tried to go on it about 2 weeks ago and the fan would start up and the power and charging lights would turn on ,but not the num lock or cap locks keys even though they should have been and the screen wouldn't turn on. Also my monitor auto turns on when it detects an input like when you turn on your pc for example but when i turned my laptop on it didn't auto turn on. I kept trying and trying to get it on and i held down f8 and pressed it and mashed it on startup but it did the same thing, not working. finally I tried unplugging everything plugged into it and finally it started up like normal so i booted it into safe mode to be careful and deleted some things like war thunder and stuff and then turned off my computer thinking it was fixed in order to boot it in normal mode. Although it just did what it did before and didn't startup properly. Because this is my secondary computer behind my hp chromebook 14 i left it for about a week and started it up and it worked like normal and i used it for about 2 hours and then put it to sleep. After about an hour i tried to wake it from sleep it wouldn't wake up or do anything so i unplugged it from the charger ,draining all the power because it has no battery, and then plugged it back in and tried to turn it on and it didn't work like as before. i unplugged everything from it and tried again but it didn't work like as before. I dont know what is wrong with it could someone please help me fix it? Thanks in advance , finley.

robin_x 02:42 12 Apr 15

My gut feeling is it's buggered. Unless you have a knowlegable friend or someone else comes in here with a magic wand.

Too many possibilities and will require you to take the laptop apart I think.

Finley.APK 03:14 12 Apr 15

Oh thanks robin_x

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:23 12 Apr 15

disconnect from mains and hold power button for 30 seconds

reconnect and retry.

if no good try removing and refitting the hard drive to remake the connections. retry

also try bting from a bootable CD/ DVD as it may be a corruption of the windows boot files.

Finley.APK 12:04 12 Apr 15

UPDATE the fan stops a few seconds after ir starts.

Finley.APK 12:05 12 Apr 15

UPDATE After the fan stops it starts up again after about 20 seconds

bumpkin 12:34 12 Apr 15

It won't cost anything to give it a good clean out internally but you may have to take it apart to do thoroughly, if you are happy to do that. If not then try cleaning from the outside with a vac or compressed air.

OCTCORE 13:07 12 Apr 15

So is it turning on but without display ?

A lot laptops have graphics chips soldered to the board and in time this gets too hot and melts, hence no display (Ball Grid Array), you can get them fixed 'reflown' but not always worth the cost.

OCTCORE 13:08 12 Apr 15

So is it turning on but without display ?

A lot laptops have graphics chips soldered to the board and in time this gets too hot and melts, hence no display (Ball Grid Array), you can get them fixed 'reflown' but not always worth the cost.

bumpkin 14:11 12 Apr 15

What model is it.

Finley.APK 14:21 12 Apr 15

It is a toshiba satellite c660 and the screen doesnt turn on and the monitor it is attached to doesn't pick up the signal so the monitor doesn't turn on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017