Laptop not seeing other computers on network

Strawballs 21:17 11 Jul 05

My HP laptop has just come back from HP after haveing new screen fitted (32 days old) when it left every thing worked now it does not see other computers on my wireless network. It still connects to net through router. Could they have changed a setting.

howard60 21:28 11 Jul 05

I would check to see that the laptop name and workgroup are as you had them set.

Strawballs 21:33 11 Jul 05

I have done that and they are

Strawballs 22:55 11 Jul 05

One other thing the other computers can see the laptop. When I try viewing workgroup computers I get a message saying that MSHOME is not accessable which is the workgroup that all the computers are set on

mgmcc 08:34 12 Jul 05

<<< I get a message saying that MSHOME is not accessible >>>

This can happen from time to time for no apparent reason - the network is just inaccessible and next time it may connect alright.

Try 'pinging' one of the other computers and, if that works, use Windows' search facility to see if it can find one of the other computers by name.

Also try using Windows Explorer's menu option to "Map Network Drive" to a shared folder on one of the other PCs. That often gets an awkward network connection going again.

Strawballs 19:18 12 Jul 05

MGMCC you were right no apparent reason it returned thanks anyway for your suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac