Laptop not see on network

Steven135 17:06 31 Aug 03

I have my laptop connected to my desktop via a lynksis wireless broadband router.

Yesterday I had to reformat the laptop no problem accessing the internet or the desktop via the laptop but when I try to access my laptop from the main computer I get this message:

'the use has not been granted the requested login type of this computer'

I have shared the my docs folder on the laptop and the c drive.

The laptop is shown in view network places, what am missing?

PS: Wouldn't it be great if error messages then told you, 'do this to resolve the problem' but then we wouldn't need this site.

jazzypop 18:56 31 Aug 03

Probably a password security setting on one or other PC.

It would help to know which version(s) of Windows yu are using, whether the drives are NTFS or FAT32, what security policies you have enabled, and whether you have any firewalls installed.

Steve N 22:53 31 Aug 03

At first glance you may not have the guest account enable. I think that may only apply to Win 2K & XP though

Steven135 00:10 01 Sep 03

Sorry to take so long to reply (I had to go out)I appreciate your help I am running XP Home on the laptop and XP Pro on the desktop both using Norton Firewall have run the network wizard on both and tried disabling firewalls.

Guest account is on.

No passwords are set on the laptop there is no problem getting access to the desktop from the laptop.

I have .Net on the main PC wondered if this might be a cause.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…