Laptop Not Recharging Batteries

aja007 22:05 02 Jan 06

I have a Fujutsi Siemens Lifebook C1110 laptop.

It doesn't recharge it's (removable) battery (NB I have two and they're not the problem as they recharge ok on a mate's laptop-same model).

Any suggestions???

Brezza 01:33 03 Jan 06

Hi aja007,

Its more then likly that the laptop is faulty, especially if the batteries are fine one another machine.

Iv seen the Fujutsi Siemens Lifebook series with a number of power/motherbord problems before, actuly where i used to work we rolled out a few to the employess and about 70% of them complained within a week of hardware faults.

Your best bet would be to claim the fault on your warrenty, Fujutsi were pretty good with taking back and repairing the machines.

I Know its a big pain but if its still under warrenty you should'nt need to pay a penny to get it resolved by Fujutsi.

aja007 02:03 03 Jan 06

Unfortunately it's out of warrenty!

rmcqua 10:20 03 Jan 06

I guess you have checked that the mains power supply is giving out required 18 - 20 volts? (presumably it works OK off mains power?)

aja007 14:18 03 Jan 06

Hi rmcqua,

Yes it works fine off mains.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:09 03 Jan 06

Clean the terminals where the bttery connects as these can oxidise and cause bad connection resulting in not charging.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…