Laptop not charging?

fudge 20:24 12 Sep 08

My HP laptop is about 18 months old will no longer charge the battery when the AC adapter is plugged in.

It runs off AC power OK but the battery won't charge. When the charger is first plugged in the charge light comes on for about 15 seconds, the battery icon shows its charging but then it stops.

I replaced the charger but that hasn't made any difference and I've taken the battery out for a while but that hasn't solved it. The battery will hold a charge OK.

It seems to be where the connector goes into the back of the laptop. Is this replaceable or is it fixed to the motherboard?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:47 12 Sep 08

It seems to be where the connector goes into the back of the laptop

if this was faulty then the laptop would not power off he mains.

Laptop Battery not showing Charging
1. Turn off the computer,
2. Take the battery out
3. Take out the power supply
4. Push the power button down for 30 seconds.
5. Reconnect power supply
6. Then the battery.
Should now show 100% charged. This is because sometimes the mother board gets static and this clears it and the reason it showed not charging was beacuse it was fully charged.

fudge 21:21 12 Sep 08

Sorry but that hasn't worked. Still not charging. Its definitely recognising when its on mains power because the screen goes to full brightness but it stops charging after the first 15 seconds. If I remove the power cord the screen dims and the battery icon comes on.

I've now found that when I remove the power cord I also get a message saying 'its now safe to remove hardware (an ethernet device)'. When the power cord is connected again I get a message saying a network cable is unplugged (there isn't a cable to unplug - its wireless). This never used to happen.

provider 2 22:37 12 Sep 08

Could be one or more of several things but see if can identify your problem among these:

click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017