Laptop no longer accessing internet

tuckswood8 14:54 16 Apr 06

Sorry to post yet another question on a similar subject but have looked through other replies without success.

I have an old win 98 base system connecting to the internet by cable to a wireless router. My laptop (running XP) connects via the WiFi link and everthing has been fine until this morning when the laptop is coming up with "limited or no connectivity".
When I click on repair I get the "renewing IP address could not be completed" message.
If I assign an IP laptop comes up "Connected" but still can't access internet.
Did have a crash on base system last night following a power flicker but base system is still connecting to internet as normal.

Have tried running ipconfigon base system but it just flashes on and goes off again. Seen to remember this file was called something else in Windows 98?

Any help appreciated

mgmcc 15:10 16 Apr 06

<<< Have tried running ipconfig on base system but it just flashes on and goes off again. Seen to remember this file was called something else in Windows 98? >>>

You need to open a Command Prompt window first and then run IPCONFIG. Alternatively, from the "Run" box launch WINIPCFG

If you normally keep your router running, try powering it off for a couple of minutes and then reboot it. In the laptop, you could try deleting the Profile in your wireless settings and then re-scan and set it all up again from scratch.

tuckswood8 21:39 16 Apr 06

Simple really..... the Network Key was corrupted.
Why didn't I check this first?

trugor 08:41 17 Apr 06

I recently set up network to a second computer and have access to internet but i am stuck on setting up an e-mail address for my wife could someone give me a step by step method of doing this

trugor 08:44 17 Apr 06

when i transfer data to a rewritable cd and put info in folders i click on file put data in folder but it disappears and folder shows empty
what am i doing wrong

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…