Laptop - Networking and watching Sky Digital

David-235429 16:30 09 Apr 05

Hello all

I am looking at buying a laptop which I hope to link to my main home pc using a wirefree broadband router. The laptop will be intel centrino or Pentium M and wifi enabled. Shouldn't be much of a problem there (hopefully!).

However, I'd like to take the laptop with me when I go caravanning and use it to view Sky digital (We take a sat dish and digibox and presently use a TV set)I'm not clear on what i need to acheive this. I've seen a Hauupage TV thingy with a remote control and USB2 connection (about £60-£70) Is this what I need? Presumably it plugs into a USB port on the laptop, with an S video connection from the Hauupage thing going to a scart connection on the Sky digibox, but what about sound?

Yours

Confused !

David

BRYNIT 19:11 09 Apr 05

Any TV card connected to you laptop will work, you can just connect the RF (aerial) out from the digi box to the RF (aerial) in of the TV card you then need to tune sky into a TV channel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…