laptop net surfing abroad on holiday, how?

athenrye 15:53 20 Jun 06

im going to buy a laptop, im going on holiday and wondered if you can easily connect to the net for surfing emails while away....

im going to spain, ill have a mobile phone but not a main net connection through a landline

can this be done and how do i do it?

oh any really good laptops for £450 ish.....

cheers
will

EARLR 16:48 20 Jun 06

Tell us where you will be in Spain and when. We might be able to help, as some forum members live in Spain.

athenrye 16:55 20 Jun 06

im going in august, to comares a small village about 40 mins from malaga, up in the hills....

just wondering how hard it is to use a laptop to surf the net! obviously wireless bluetooth wifi hotspot etc must be the easiest way to do it

so i can use it in the airport for instance very easily but when im out on the sun terrace no chance! or can you use a mobile?

cheers
will

billyliv 17:39 20 Jun 06

Have a nice holiday and leave your laptop at home. (LOL) Cheers, Bill

athenrye 19:00 20 Jun 06

im taking for my son, so we can sit and watch the odd dvd, use it on the flight and maybe even for him to play the odd game or two

just thought i might be able to use the internet as well...

if you can use most phones now to do it why not connect to the laptop
somebody must have tried it!!

will

wky 19:18 20 Jun 06

Yeah, I'm with O2 and I can connect to the internet using my mobile, either through bluetooth to my laptop or using a cable. It's easy enough if it's all set up, but it costs a bundle, even in UK it's £3 each megabyte downloaded, so best to avoid it anyway.

athenrye 19:51 20 Jun 06

thanks for the info
ill leave it then
didnt think it would be that pricey
cheers
will

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…