laptop mouse not working

nige@CISCO 12:33 PM 18 Oct 11

Hi, just a hardware question I have a Advent T3100 Roma 2001 re-badged (I50IL) laptop The problem is this when the laptop came to me I was told the 2 mouse buttons do not work but the touchpad does. I can not find a wiring diagram anywhere it would seem Google is no longer my friend. If some one has a copy I would appreciate a copy of it. If no one has a copy I would appreciate some info. I have 1 cable which operates the touchpad I think after taking it apart that it requires a second cable (separate cable) for the buttons. I originally thought they operated from the same cable but now I have my doubts. Can anyone confirm this for me. Thanks

PS I do not think this is a software issue which is why I am asking about the cable. The laptop is running Win7 and when I go in to system information, hardware, pointing devices it lists the amount of buttons as 0

I have tried older version of synaptic mouse drive as well as the most recent, I have also allowed the system to install the standard ps2 driver from MS with no joy. It was after trying all drivers I decided to dissemble the laptop to see if there was an issue with the cable. I have also tried a linux Live CD with no joy. Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued