Laptop Monitor/Screen Problem

Usagi 14:43 05 Jan 05

I have a Toshiba Satellite 2060CDS laptop using Windows 98. The computer has 4.2GB and half has been used up. It has 32RAM.

The problem is with half the screen display. The first half is fine but the bottom half of the screen has recently come up with 'vertical lines' that distorts any background colour, text and graphics. (Although it's not that noticeable when I'm watching MPEGS, but still there's lines)

It briefly went away for one evening when I opened the 'display properties' menu, but the problem has returned and no matter what I do nothing's working.

I've tried using a different colour resolution, altering the hardware acceleration, and using contrast. I've also ran Dr. Watson but it didn't report anything wrong with the computer. I just want those lines to disappear.

Please help!

Lightchop 15:36 05 Jan 05

Could be a hardware (panel or interface) issue, I'm afraid. Otherwise, try updating your display adapter. If you are unsure how to do this, try removing your existing drivers (My computer - right click - device manager - display adapters - right click - remove). Reboot and your PC should re-install the existing drivers.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…