Laptop Monitor is spooky?

theearlofsabden 12:49 19 Feb 11

Hi

My Laptop was for 12 months connected via control panel settings to my main desktop monitor.

When I switch back, again through control panel settings and try to use the laptop on its own screen - it won't allow this - it's as if it has a mind of its own and refuses to play ball.

One day its fine - laptop screen is on - the next day the laptop screen is faint, I can see the icons enough to go back to the control panel - but the settings are SET for the laptop monitor.

Are spooky forces at work here? I just want it to boot up with its own laptop screen. I no longer has use to switch monitors now.

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:00 19 Feb 11

There is usually a key combination to switch between LCD and external screen Fn+ one of the F keys (with a blue square).

My laptop sometimes defaults to the external monitor when booted so I end up with a blank screen, the keys revert it OK.

You can use control panel to disable the external screen (but I wouldn't)

theearlofsabden 13:39 19 Feb 11

Yea..... used the keyboard shortcut to try and switch between monitors but didn't work.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:43 19 Feb 11

There is a possibility hat the screen inverter or backlight has failed click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017