laptop monitor problem

devilinity 16:24 10 Nov 10

Basically my laptop is displaying a black vertical line along the middle with white on both side and then blue when it gets to a repair screen. Its not displaying any load up details/specs from turning the power on. I have also tried to connect to a pc monitor but nothing shows up.
Before, i was able to turn the laptop on/off and then screen would return to normal with a recommended repair window, which rollbacked to a point before the screen problem but that deleted my window defender/mcacree.
Heres a pic a href="click here" target="_blank"> img src="click here" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> /a>
a href="click here" target="_blank"> img src="click here" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> /a>

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 10 Nov 10

BAd screen connection or bad video chip.

"I have also tried to connect to a pc monitor but nothing shows up."
You need to press a key combination to switch to external screen - something like Fn+ one of the F keys, look for a F key with a blue rectangle.

If external screen Ok and LCD faulty then possible connection problem if both faulty then probably graphics chip.

devilinity 13:00 11 Nov 10

I tried connecting it to a different monitor and did the switch over with the fn+f3 key but it seems no signal or image has gone through, its just black.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant