laptop monitor problem

devilinity 16:24 10 Nov 10

Basically my laptop is displaying a black vertical line along the middle with white on both side and then blue when it gets to a repair screen. Its not displaying any load up details/specs from turning the power on. I have also tried to connect to a pc monitor but nothing shows up.
Before, i was able to turn the laptop on/off and then screen would return to normal with a recommended repair window, which rollbacked to a point before the screen problem but that deleted my window defender/mcacree.
Heres a pic a href="click here" target="_blank"> img src="click here" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> /a>
a href="click here" target="_blank"> img src="click here" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> /a>

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 10 Nov 10

BAd screen connection or bad video chip.

"I have also tried to connect to a pc monitor but nothing shows up."
You need to press a key combination to switch to external screen - something like Fn+ one of the F keys, look for a F key with a blue rectangle.

If external screen Ok and LCD faulty then possible connection problem if both faulty then probably graphics chip.

devilinity 13:00 11 Nov 10

I tried connecting it to a different monitor and did the switch over with the fn+f3 key but it seems no signal or image has gone through, its just black.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…