Laptop Monitor "Dark"

LeadingMNMs 14:49 25 Jul 04

This morning my laptop was working fine but now it is almost impossible to see whats on the screen. I can see the screen displayed but it is very dark and therefore difficult to see. I've tried it in safe mode but there is no change so I doubt its a driver issue. I've also connected another monitor to the laptop and this works fine with no problems.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

Graham ® 15:23 25 Jul 04

Assuming you have not accidentally changed the brightness, could be the light tube is failing.

click here

richyboi 15:29 25 Jul 04

It may be the backlight that has gone because this happened to mine, but i had an accident with mine and it fell on the floor to cause the backlight to break.

LeadingMNMs 15:33 25 Jul 04

I thin the chances are the backlight has gone. Does anyone know where I might be able to get a replacement ? I've done a few searches and haven't found anything yet. Are these bulbs common for all laptops or will I need a specific type ?

Thanks again

richyboi 15:47 25 Jul 04

I'm afraid it is very expensive to replace. I was quoted £300 or thereabouts. I ended up getting a new monitor for mine cos its mainly used as a home computer, but now my monitor aint working for some reason.

woodchip 16:02 25 Jul 04

I think you may be able to turn the back light on and of you can on my laptop, so you may have done this by accident check the laptop manual

Graham ® 16:49 25 Jul 04

Laptop repairs click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…