Laptop MONITOR - can it be retuned for colours etc

amyfleur 10:58 15 Mar 07

I have an Acer Aspire LAPTOP and an eMachines DESKTOP PC. I have re-tuned the colours, brightness etc on my desktop pc's MONITOR to match the photos that I print from my Epson R300.

I cannot find a way to re-tune the laptop MONITOR's colours, brightness etc to match the desktop and printer.

As I do all of my photo editing on the laptop, every time I move the photos onto the desktop for printing purposes (& backup), they look totally different regards colours, brightness, hue, saturation etc.

Does anyone know if the laptop's MONITOR can be re-tuned?

Sapins 11:20 15 Mar 07

If you used software on the desktop load it on to the laptop and use it from there, if you used the control panel on the desktop do the same on the laptop.

amyfleur 16:48 15 Mar 07

No software. The LCD monitor with desktop PC has its own buttons which I used to change the colours, brightness etc.

The laptop has no buttons. There is a keyboard manoeuvre (Fn + symbol on a key) to up the brightness but that is all I can find.

chub_tor 16:55 15 Mar 07

Changing the screen colours is usually a function of the graphics card. Can you right click on the desktop, select Properties, Settings, Advanced and see if there is a tab for your graphics card. If so click on this and you should get a menu which includes Colour Management.

Stuartli 17:09 15 Mar 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…