Laptop modem help

AlexPB 22:54 10 Nov 07

Hi,

Im having a problem with one of my latpops (Advent 7094) when trying to install dial upo internet on it. Ive put the orange cd in and run it and then when it gets about a quarter of the way throught it says ' Windows did not detect any plug and play modems attached to your computer'.

Could somneon eplease tell me what this is and waht i need to do?

Also the laptop recently had a new intallation of windows xp if this makes any defference.

Thank you

woodchip 22:57 10 Nov 07

Do you have a Phone socket on the side of the Laptop. Not a Ethernet socket. If you do not have one you do not have a built in modem

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:59 10 Nov 07

Windows did not detect any plug and play modems attached to your computer'.

could not find your modem.

perhaps you need to download and install modem drivers after our new Xp install.

woodchip 23:02 10 Nov 07

Yes you do need the correct drivers loadsing before it will work

brundle 23:03 10 Nov 07

Seems to have an `Agere systems AC'97 modem`; drivers here click here

brundle 23:04 10 Nov 07

Though if you have the number for Orange you don't need the CD anyway (but you still need the modem drivers)...

ambra4 23:15 10 Nov 07

AlexPB

Is this the laptop that you have and did you install motherboard driver, dial up modem driver, Ethernet card driver, sound card, etc if not you need to go to the web site and download all the drivers listed for your model and install

Specification ADVENT 7094

Graphics Card Type Integrated Graphics
Graphics Memory up to 64 shared MB
Sound Type AC97 V. 2.2
Modem Type 56k
Wireless Enabled Yes
Other Interfaces 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet LAN
Operating system XP HOME

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…