Laptop MoBo Batt

BAC1-11 22:54 14 Mar 05

Can anybody give me a site where I can check what is the correct battery for Compaq Prsario Laptops. I replaced the batt in the US two years ago and it is now dead again. I think the original batt lasted about 5 years.

Thanks

Taff36 23:09 14 Mar 05

Do you mean the motherboard battery i.e. The CMOS battery that is usually the flat round one?

Taff36 23:17 14 Mar 05

Exact make and model would be good but try product support here. click here

woodchip 23:51 14 Mar 05

He means Laptop power Battery, That's about the length of time a Laptop Bat last's 2years. As above we need the number of the old battery and Computer model

woodchip 23:52 14 Mar 05

A MOBO will last about 8Years

BAC1-11 00:03 15 Mar 05

Yes the motherboard batt, the silver flat round one for a Compaq Presario 12XL302

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:54 15 Mar 05

Its printed on the battery.

Virtually a motherboards use the same type of battery to maintain the BIOS settings as only three BIOS manufacturers

CR2032

CMOS Battery
click here

BAC1-11 22:49 15 Mar 05

I know its printed on the batt thanks. I just wanted to check it was the correct one as it only lasted 2 years.

PCW & Compaq on line support told me it was a integral batt that would require a workshop to replace. Funny as I had changed it before. Anyway replaced it today myself (CR1220). How long will this one last?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…