Laptop memory upgrade problem

Wreck 09:42 10 Aug 07

I have an Evesham Voyager 8640 with 512 Mb Ram which I intend to upgrade to 1GB. Having removed the cover, I find the SODIMM and an empty slot which is not a SODIMM slot, having no notch and only about 60 pins.The hanbook spec says "

I have an Evesham Voyager 8640 with 512Mb of RAM which I am trying to upgrade to 1 GB. In the handbook, system RAM is specified as "2x200 pin DDR-SODIMM socket for expansion, support PC2100/PC2700 DDR module up to 1 GB."
Having removed the cover, I find the SODIMM module
with a vacant slot which is clearly not a SODIMM slot. I can find no other slot. Should I simply replace the 512 with a 1GB?

I would appreciate any advice or observations

Wreck 15:49 10 Aug 07

Don't know what happened to the rest. Try again- The handbook spec says system RAM is:- "2 x 200 pin DDR-SODIMM socket for expansion, support PC2100/PC2700 DDR module, up to 1 GB" I took that to mean there would be an expansion slot. Removing the cover, I found the SODIMM and adjacent was another empty, non-SODIMM slot. Can anyone make a suggestion? Or should I simply replace the 512 with a 1 GB?

sebiven 18:46 10 Aug 07

My suggestion is that you go to - click here - and let the system scanner give you the correct upgrade[s]for your machine.

Wreck 20:38 10 Aug 07

Thanks for the suggestion sebiven. Just had a reply from Evesham. Expansion slot is under keyboard, prob solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009