Laptop meltdown

dave_johnston2k 00:21 17 Nov 04

My laptop seems to get very warm when basically doing this normal? Fan is very noisey but used to be very quiet. Performance suffers after about 2 hrs use. Warranty expires in 10 days so any advice on repairs would b appreciated.

Gandalph 00:29 17 Nov 04

My only advice in your situation is to get in touch with the manufacturer or the shop where you bought it and let them know what it is doing. Make sure you do this before the warranty runs out. Any repairs or replacement machine will be covered by the warranty I would have thought.

kev.Ifty 00:38 17 Nov 04

Randolph is right. Take it to the shop were you bought it. Don't open it or do anything to affect the warranty.

It may be an accumulation of dirt and dust, so a good clean might help but let the shop do any repairs etc.

kev.Ifty 00:41 17 Nov 04

Randolph? ieSpell?

Sorry Gandalph!

:-0 Kev.

Gandalph 01:06 17 Nov 04

Quite all right. :-)

dave_johnston2k 14:59 17 Nov 04

Getting picked up Friday, suspected frag of the fan! Ah well getting fixed 4 free...

Cheers lads

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…