laptop to main pc wireless

Daiol 14:15 11 Jul 10

Hi I have my main pc upstairs working fom a belkin router via an ethernet cable now I have a laptop downstairs working wirelessly to the belkin router upstairs,All working well until this morning a box pops up on the laptop when i try and connect to the main pc.
I have done a system restore on both machines but no luck.
Can anyone please help me here.This is the box that is causing my hair to fall out.
Here.[IMG]click here[/IMG]

mgmcc 14:25 11 Jul 10

The significant part of that error is "Not enough server storage is available to process this command". Have a read of this:

-----------------8<------------------
Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

Not enough memory to complete transaction. Close some applications and retry.

These error messages can indicate an incorrect IRPStackSize on the remote computer (the one you are trying to access over the network). In the remote computer, open the event log and check for event ID 2011. If this is present, it may indicate this particular issue. To repair it, you need to set the IRPStackSize parameter in the registry back to its default value of 15.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters

Check for the presence of a value named IRPStackSize. If it doesn't exist, create it as type DWORD and, with base set to decimal, enter the value 15. Exit from the registry and reboot the computer.

Some AntiVirus programs are guilty of altering this setting and causing the problem. Also have a look at this Microsoft Knowledge Base article which applies to XP too:

Antivirus Software May Cause Event ID 2011 (Q177078)
click here
-----------------8<------------------

This originally related to XP but might still be relevant to other versions of Windows.

Daiol 14:39 11 Jul 10

Thanks for reply,Sorry i forgot to say that both machines are running windows xp pro.

Daiol 15:45 11 Jul 10

mgmcc,
Many thanks for that info,Well took a gamble and went into the registry followed your instructions and yes got there.There was no file regarding IRPStack So took another gamble and made one,Just a point I entered the value to 15 as you said but upon closing the registry the value now was 21.Is that okay??,And how on earth do these little hitches happen??.Thanks once again all is well until next time cross fingers of course.
hows the weather in your part of the country,Overcast here but warm'south wales'
Diolch i bawb.

mgmcc 16:20 11 Jul 10

I think the default value is 15 and the problem arises if it is reduced below that. If it has changed to 21 and all is still OK, then leave well alone!

>>> hows the weather in your part of the country,Overcast here but warm'south wales'

I'm in Dundee - fairly overcast, very warm but gale force winds which are quite unpleasant!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017