Laptop Light tube gone? please help me.

Spirit Of Nightmare 2003 16:21 25 Mar 03

i have just been told from a recent message on this forum that my light tube in my laptop has gone if this is true can it be mended and if so how much will it cost me. i was wondering as the laptop works with an external screen would i be able to carry around a flat screen? any help would be greatly appreciated cheers...

spikeychris 16:50 25 Mar 03

What make of Notebook do you have? What operating system do you have? Have you been in the BIOS lately? Using the external screen have you tried to download drivers for the notebook.

Chris

Spirit Of Nightmare 2003 16:55 25 Mar 03

at the moment im using win 98 it has sat in the cuboard for around year though. as i recently moved house could this be why? ill try drivers too cheers for the tips

spikeychris 16:58 25 Mar 03

Boot to BIOS and set the settings to default. F3 normally but have a look at the bottom of the screen, it should say.

Chris

graham 18:05 26 Mar 03

It may not have a light tube.

Djohn 18:11 26 Mar 03

If I remember correctly from your other thread, you said that the screen had gone blank, or black.

I think there is a connection between your laptop and display that is made through one of the hinges, it could be a fault there.

FE. was talking about a similar problem a few months back, and possible cure. J.

Spirit Of Nightmare 2003 15:32 27 Mar 03

thanx for the tips ill take a look and get back to you soon cheers :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…