laptop light flashes, wont boot

gazza447 14:56 01 Mar 07

The first thing is that my laptop won't switch on the laptop the power light flashes. The second problem is that the memory light on my laptop does not light up. can you help?

dagbladet 15:08 01 Mar 07

I've had this a few times when the baterry has run right down. If I left it plugged in for half an hour it booted up but might take two or three attempts. In between attempts hold down the power button for 10ish seconds to be sure it has powered down.

skidzy 15:10 01 Mar 07

Can you connect via the mains,if so try taking out the battery and use the mains.

This may be hdd failure.

gazza447 10:50 06 Mar 07

when the charger is on the battery light just flashes in a yellow colour??????

plus u can hear the laptop is on or working bcause u can hear it loading and booting up or whatever but never see it?????

HELP!!!!!

thanks

ArrGee 12:54 06 Mar 07

I had this problem myself with a laptop plugged into a TV screen. The display adapter had been automatically switching display to the TV instead of the laptop.

On my laptop, there is a function key (in my case F12) that has a small TV icon in blue.

You may have a similar button, or a button with a blue icon stating LCD/VGA or LCD/TV.

Try pressing the blue function key then one of the keys I have described.

gazza447 15:03 06 Mar 07

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm but ive tried that but still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gazza447 15:11 06 Mar 07

any other ideas??

woodchip 16:24 06 Mar 07

Try removing the battery and just try on mains

ArrGee 20:28 06 Mar 07

Have you tried plugging in a separate monitor?

gazza447 10:14 08 Mar 07

ye i have removed the battery and stil the light flashes green and yellow...the power turn on button lights up and everything else is working but just a blank screen...

and what do you mean plugging in a seperate monitor?how?

ArrGee 11:09 08 Mar 07

You should have a standard monitor port on the back of the laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…