LAPTOP LENOVO N500 TYPE HARD DRIVE REMOVAL

PETE THE FEET 11:44 28 Sep 09

LAPTOP LENOVO TYPE N500 4233-23G
I have the above type of laptop with a 250Gb hardrive.
The laptop is under warranty and I would like to upgrade to a 500Gb disc.
First problem is removing the existing hard drive. I have removed external power supply and battery, released the captive screws on the hard drive cover but the cover still remains fast at the opposite end to the screws. There is a blue anti-tamper sticker over the cover for the processesor but I do not want to remove this.
Has anybody any ideas how to remove the hard drive?

Audio~~Chip 12:29 28 Sep 09

is there any very small screws holding it to the Cradle or/and removing a HDD from a Cradle then you have to firmly slide the HDD away from the actual connector to release the pins out.

Audio~~Chip 12:30 28 Sep 09

apart from this one has it seperate click here

PETE THE FEET 13:01 28 Sep 09

Cheers for the fast response.
Unfortunately I have not even got this far. The cover I cannot remove is the exterior cover on the base of the laptop. The 2 screws once released will not allow the removal of the plastic cover it still seems to be fast at the opposite end to the screws. I think it is supposed to slide out or something. I don't want to force it in case I break something.

dfh 13:28 28 Sep 09

Have a look here click here
The N500 isn't listed but you may get a general idea from their service videos.

Audio~~Chip 13:33 28 Sep 09

All it is, is the tabs which you have to snap the panel out. The plasitc plate may seem stuck but underneath are small tabs which are clicked in. A very fine flat head screw driver is needed. Gently put the screwdriver dig in carefully but deep enough and price the panel out at an end were a screw was removed. It should then clip out at that end.

Audio~~Chip 13:35 28 Sep 09

doesn't actually show you in the pics removing the panels but it gives you an idea of when there in then their out. click here

PETE THE FEET 15:48 28 Sep 09

A bit of brute force as suggested did the trick.
Now to find the difference between a WD2500BEVS drive and a WD5000BEVT. Not sure what the difference is between "BEVS" AND "BEVT". The numbers indicate the capacity though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…